Wednesday 14 July 2010

the importance of being naughty

I am attracted to eccentrics and find me bored by rational, wise and common-sense people. Perhaps, for some, I need psycho-analysis to be cured from my deep passion and profound admiration of the following: the Marquis de Sade, Rasputin, Mussolini, Al Capone and Charles Manson. I hardly find a thing to attract me to the personal habits and ways of such wise guys as Plato, Christ, Shakespeare, Abraham Lincoln or Winston Churchill. I love the likes of the aforementioned naughty enfant terrible, and femmes fatal such as the Metford Sisters and Mata Hari whom I prefer to Mother Tereasa. I find white-collar well-shirt-stuffed people dull and boring. I prefer failures and trouble-makers to successful law-abiding people. I prefer to Beckett, the escaped prisoner who travelled all the way from Germany to Paris to meet Beckett about staging "Waiting for Godot" and when Blin telephoned Beckett about it, Beckett avoided the prisoner by telling Suzanne to tell the prisoner that he was not in Paris. It is for this reason of naughtiness and not for his cantos I love Ezra Pound. I neither care nor mind what each of these naughty guys and dolls fight for or againt; the important thing is their naughtiness

No comments:

Post a Comment