Monday 28 June 2010

In my letter this morning, I mentioned Marquez. Association of ideas led to Garcia which is his second name. Garcia reminded me of the following: In January 1963, my address and photo were published in the pen pal section of TEEN SCREEN magazine. Angelo Garcia, the son of Cuban refugee living in the Bronx initiated with me a penpalship. Five years ago, I came across Andy Garcia in the movies. I would like you to share me the mystery that Angelo (born early 1940s) and Andy (b early 1950s) are brothers. In 2001, after seeing BLOOD OF A POET starring Andy Garcia, I sent a letter to Andy Garcia c/o Columbia Pictures and the letter was returned to sender as addressee was not located. When I was in New York last July, I looked up Angelo Garcia in NYC telephone directory. I got three Angelo Garcias. Two of them didn't respond and the third number gave me a message in Spanish which I couldn't understand. Had it not been that I am in a hurry I would have told you about my visit to Actor's Studio last July. A trainee there, who let me in, pointed at the chair where the late Marlon Brando used to sit and how one day he stood up and thrusted himself at Eli Wallach intending to estrangle him. Later I tried to reach Eli Wallach but the answering machine said that he couldn't be reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment