Monday 28 June 2010

From my experience, and I always make Beckett a household issue with my family--Mrs James Knowlson envyed me for this--it is a bliss to have an invalide in the family. It gives you the feeling that you are living with Beckett who was a sickly person what with stab wounds by that Parisian apache to suffering from constipation and cataracts. How is work in progress of the Samuel Beckett Letters project. By the way, do you think there is an academic and/or monetary gain for me in publishing my LETTER ON SAMUEL BECKETT TO RUBY COHN, signed by me as Siddeek Bakr Tawfeek, the Arab of Beckettia, a copy of which I sent you over three years ago. Because I expect there will be copyright problems with the addressee, Ruby Cohn, I will render the letters into passages or paragraphs and entitle the work MY SAMUEL BECKETT DIARIES and I will change my name from Siddeek Bakr my first two names into Sadique Becker, retaining the same initials SB and with Becker I will keep even nearer to Beckett and at the same time keep closer to my intellectual mentor Sade whom Beckett also admired and even tried his hand at translating one of his novels

No comments:

Post a Comment